Two wheeling across a beautiful piece of land called India, I explore the colourful landscapes, epic roads and the distinct sights and sounds of a country that is unique in every single way...

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mulshi

If you haven't heard of a place called Mulshi and you are from Pune, then what the heck have you been doing so far?! For starters, it is beautiful and it is so close by, you could practically walk there! Mulshi is the name of the dam on the Mula river and the water from the reservoir is used for irrigation and to generate electricity at the Bhira hydroelectric power plant and sometimes for a nice swim if you're ever in the mood.
After getting my undies wet in the water that awesome morning, my friend tells me they don't let people in the water. "Why", I ask. "Crocodiles", he says with a smile. I did cut my toe on a sharp rock in the water but that is the most anyone bled, thankfully.

If you're ever planning on going there just carry yourself a good pair of swimming trunks because undies will get ruined from the silt and it is just annoying to wash them later. And yeah, beware of the 'crocodiles'.

1 comment:

  1. Mulshi Dam is a nice place to visit in Pune. I heard a lot about this place, this is one of the best place for perfect weekend. Thanks for sharing this post in this blog. Love to visit this place. If anyone wants to travel Pune then book bus tickets in Jabbar Travels.

    ReplyDelete