Two wheeling across a beautiful piece of land called India, I explore the colourful landscapes, epic roads and the distinct sights and sounds of a country that is unique in every single way...

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Guthrie Govan concert in Mumbai

From the moment I got the email from Bhargava's telling me about the gig, I knew I couldn't afford to miss perhaps the only chance I'd get to see one of the world's greatest guitar players live. And it was a free concert too. The four hours just flew by, and Guthrie blew my mind away with every note he picked with his god-like technique and virtuosity. It's been a night I will never forget. I even managed to get a picture with him to savour all the pretty memories.

I still can't believe I saw the man live and met him in the flesh. What a fantastic weekend, literally! I am very content with the universe today. =)

To end the perfect day, I went for a drive with my cousin to Nariman Point and managed to click the Queen's Necklace in it's sparkling yellow beauty.

I wish I could stay in this wonderful city a while longer and attend Gino Banks' drum workshop in Furtado's tomorrow, but unfortunately I have a jam session at 4pm in Pune so maybe next time. Here's to a lovely day! Thank you Guthrie Govan. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment